Brief History The Sapulpa Fire Department is located in the Tulsa metro area with parts of our city in both Creek and Tulsa County. The Sapulpa Fire Department was founded in 1898 and was originally an all volunteer department. In 1907 the City of Sapulpa hired the first paid professional firefighter and appointed the first Fire Chief 1908. Today the modern Sapulpa Fire Department consist of over 45 full-time employees, operating out of 4 strategically located stations providing protection and services in fire, emergency medical, hazardous materials, and technical rescue.
Currently, the Sapulpa Fire Department serves the City of Sapulpa and surroundings areas consisting of approximately 20,550 people living in the 23.23 square miles inside the City Limits and approximately 49,450 people living in the 69.77 square miles outside the City Limits. We are roughly fifteen miles to west of downtown Tulsa. Our current ISO Rating as of May 1, 2014, is 3/8B.
Mission Statement As a team of highly and dedicated professionals, it is the mission of the Sapulpa Fire Department to provide the highest standard of service to all those who may seek our help. We are a service provider and we stand ready to provide fire suppression, fire prevention and education, rescue services and emergency medical care. We will faithfully provide these important services promptly and safely to any person that resides in, works in, or visits the City of Sapulpa.
As a family of individuals committed to serving others, we will always provide for the welfare of our members of our members through a healthy and rewarding work environment. We are dedicated to integrity, compassion, and leadership amongst ourselves so that we may proudly serve others.